Saturday 19 November 2016

Alia On Dear Zindagi

Alia Bhatt, as per her own admission, is a very secretive person.

She is particularly guarded about her personal life, but these days she's being a little more open. Ask her if she’s gone through a break up, and she promptly says, “Yes, I have, I have had my fair share of break-ups.” Maybe because she is promoting her film Dear Zindagi, which deals with love, life and break ups, she's decided to be more vocal?




“The experience of doing this film has added a few bits into my life,” she says, at the launch of the third song of the film, 'Tu Hi Hai'. When she was asked, “The first time you were heartbroken, how did you deal with it?” Alia, with a little inhibition clearly visible on her face, picked up the microphone and stated that she was very young when the first break up happened, and she would just hang out with friends to get over it – “There was no funda (back then)”.



“Today, maybe, I would go on a holiday or just focus on my work. If something has ended, it is obviously for a reason and if it was not supposed to end then it will come back together. I always believe that if that person is meant for you he/she will come back to you," she adds. Perhaps, this learning came from her on-screen life coach and counselor Shah Rukh Khan, with who she’s sharing screen space for the first time.

As we all know, Shah Rukh Khan is known as the king of romance but Dear Zindagi is not a typical romantic film, so did Alia miss that side of SRK? “No. I don’t think there was any scope for that kind of romance in this film.  Considering our age difference, the typical romantic film may not be accepted by the audience, but I feel no relationship exists without love. Maybe not romantic relationship, but even in this kind of relationship there is some amount of love," she says.

Alia is working with a woman director (Gauri Shinde) for the first time. "I believe that we have male and female actors, but director is a director, you can’t classify them as male or female. The only difference I can see between directors is in terms of creativity and not because of any gender. I like Gauri’s quality of being a frank person. She is also very clear in her thoughts and hence our scenes were so ‘kadak’; we went with the flow," she says.

The 23-year-old actress may have had her share of break ups but she's never signed up for counselling or thought of having a life coach, unlike what's been shown in the film; however she isn’t against it.

While there are talks about Alia playing the lead in Aashiqui 3, her filmmaker-father Mahesh Bhatt and the film's producer has been repeatedly saying that Alia was a star, and since he has an aversion to stars, he wouldn’t like to cast her in his film. 'If I don't bring something new to brand Alia then why should she do my film?'  Mahesh Bhatt had said.

“He’s talking rubbish,” says Alia in a hushed tone and with a laugh. “It will happen; my dad and I will work together and it’s not that he won’t cast me because of the reason he’s been giving. I would love to work with him and I would love to do this film. In fact, I would like him to direct me in an intense love story.” She then confirms, “Yes, we did meet to do Aashiqui 3, the film is still at the scripting stage and I am waiting."

0 comments:

Post a Comment